30 points for the first part and 30 points for the second part
Work through Chapter 3 of the Hands-on Python Tutorial.
The homework for chapter 3 is due in two parts on two
dates. All the exercises in Section 3.1 are due first, and
later. Each student should submit a single zip of assignment files,
also submit a log in Sakai. The log is definitely a
requirement. We will return comments about grading without a
but the comments will not
copied into the official grade book without a log, and hence will
remain as counting 0.
Here is the list of files you need make sure are included. If you saved this work under some other name, please rename as I specify below.
First part of the assignment due
Same instructions as before for log: In addition, every individual should separately submit the following log in the Assignment box on Sakai. Your homework grade will not be recorded without this log! Include in the log:
1. Areas where you received help other than from your partner. Include from whom (me, TA, which tutor), and the extent.
2. Roughly how long you worked for Chapter 2 beyond class time. Try to separate time on the basic assignment from any extra credit you did.
3. Briefly, how it went for you, for instance what was the hardest part to get ...
4. Who your partner was if you had one, or "No partner" If you changed partners, indicate which files were produced with which partner, if possible.
5. If you had a partner, give an indication of how things went with your partner. Was working together a good thing? How did it go?
If you worked with a consistent partner through the whole chapter, only one of you needs to submit the archive, but make sure both partner has their own copy! Each student should separately submit an independently written log.