COMP 150 Gates Homework
This is an individual
assignment, not a pair assignment.
This semester, we will use:
https://academo.org/demos/logic-gate-simulator/ which runs in the cloud
or this one, which is also pretty cool: http://www.neuroproductions.be/logic-lab/
Or, you may write it on paper and
scan it before uploading into Sakai. But really, don't do that.
- (10 points) Create circuit diagram for the Boolean
expression (AB + C)D.
- (10 points) Write a Boolean expression for the output of
Remember wires only connect at dots.
- (10 points) Write a Truth Table for the Boolean
expression (A+B')C. Include columns for the inputs A, B, and C.
Please include a column in your truth table for the output of each
intermediate expression. Include rows for all 8 combinations of
- (10 points) A three-way majority circuit is
one with three inputs and a single output which is set to 1 whenever two or more of the
inputs (the majority) are set to 1. There are eight possible combinations for the
input settings. Please give a truth table which lists rows for all eight
input combinations along with the output setting for each case.
- (10 points) Write a Boolean expression for the
output of the three-way majority circuit from problem 4.
- (10 points) Construct a circuit which implements
the three-way majority function discussed in the previous two questions.
You may use AND and OR gates with more than 2 inputs to make it
Submit in Sakai. No log required.